Astral‘s The Movie Network today announced the launch of The Movie Network GO (TMN GO), HBO GO Canada and TMN Encore GO, three new video streaming services that put more than 1,500 hours of high-definition quality programming from The Movie Network, HBO Canada and The Movie Network Encore (TMN Encore) on up to 5 of your devices.
TMN GO offers instant and unlimited access to more than 1,200 titles comprised of Hollywood hit movies, exclusive series from HBO, CINEMAX and Showtime, and classics from every era.There is however, a small catch. You must live in Eastern Canada and be a subscriber to the TMN services and a customer of Bell Fibe TV, Bell Satellite TV or Cogeco Cable. Rogers will be launching the service in the coming weeks and Astral is negotiating with the other television providers in Eastern Canada.
Subscribers can watch over 1,200 free movies and 1,500 hours of premium content. TMN GO, HBO GO Canada and TMN Encore GO can all be accessed at www.tmngo.ca or by downloading the TMN GO App from the App Store. Key features of the service include:
- Keep up with your favourite HBO and Showtime series. Whether you missed the last episode or you want to catch up on the entire season,
- Watch exclusive or never seen before bonus material from some of your favourite series available only on TMN GO™.
- Start watching on one device and pick it up right where you left off on another.
- Create a customized Watchlist to catch up on all your favourite hit movies and series at your convenience. Just add a movie, an episode or the whole series to your Watchlist and it will be there waiting for you to enjoy.
- Keep track of what’s coming to the service through the Upcoming section. See when your favourite series is coming back or the new movie that you have been dying to watch. Just add it to your Watchlist and we will send you a reminder to tell you it is in your Watchlist and available for viewing.
- Set Parental Controls and create a profile for everyone in your family. Let your kids watch only age-appropriate content and be able to create their own Watchlist.
- Easily find what you want to watch by hitting the Search icon and start to type the name of your favourite series, movie, actor or director. TMN GO™ searches the entire library and gives you what is available as soon as you start typing.
- Share your likes with your friends and family through e-mail or social networks Facebook and Twitter.
- Manage your broadband usage by selecting from four different viewing quality levels. With TMN GO™ the best HD quality picture will be provided for your device no matter where you are. You can also select ‘WiFi’ or ‘WiFi and Mobile’ to help with your data usage
All this cool stuff is available on the iPhone 3GS and subsequent models, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation) and the iPad and iPad Mini (running iOS 5.0 or higher) and the app is a free download at the Apple App Store. Versions for Android and Windows Phone are in the works. You can also access TMN GO on your Mac or PC at www.tmngo.ca.
I tried it out on an iPad Mini, iPhone and a Mac. Except for a few opening night glitches…a few videos wouldn’t load… the quality on all devices was very good. While I am not surprised ,I was disappointed that the iOS app blocks Apple AirPlay Mirroring. HBO just added the feature to its HBO Go and MAX Go apps in the US so hopefully Astral will add it here soon. The good news is that AirPlay does work from a Mac so I will be able to use it to watch the episodes of Parade’s End I forgot to record earlier this week.